Many a times people keep asking what were the responsibilities of a SharePoint Administrator.
Some of the important jobs performed by any Share Point Administrator would be
- Manage SharePoint Permissions
- Analyze SharePoint Usage and Activity
- Move / Copy Sites
- Clean Up, Manage and Configure SharePoint accounts and sites
- Analyze SharePoint content and storage
- Monitor SharePoint trends
- Set up alerts and Enforce policies
- Audit your SharePoint environment
- Identify governance violations
- And More!!!!
That’s where exactly comes the Axceler Control Point to help the Administrators do their jobs. In addition Control Point includes
- Powerful and comprehensive management of additional SharePoint components, including Alerts, Content Types and Lists;
- More enterprise-wide usage reporting from the Web Application, down to the item level;
- Support for bulk operations with PowerShell Cmdlets, web services controls and the ability to easily copy to multiple destinations;
- More robust management of the SharePoint audit data; and,
- New features to provide site administrators with even more capabilities, including additional support for more detailed reporting and analysis at the site level to all sub-sites below and the ability to select any set of folders and/or items, making granular choices easier to specify when needed.
Migrating to SharePoint 2010…
Read the white paper on the Insider’s guide to Upgrading to SharePoint 2010
Check out Axceler ReadyPoint, which scans your SharePoint 2007 environment and tells you how ready you are to upgrade to SharePoint 2010. And best of all, it’s free.
What are you waiting for get the free trail version and try Control Point…the award winning SharePoint Administration tool
About the Author: