Moss 2010 is coming up with lots of new features and functionality that will help a system engineer to work more efficiently. In our sneak preview we found Microsoft has improved the MOSS-2010 on its technical part rather than changing the user appearance in 2010 in comparison to MOSS 2007. So you will see most of the things similar to MOSS 2007, but with more features and ease of use.
Microsoft really worked on it and luckily this time SharePoint 2010 seeks to facilitate each of aforesaid challenges. Now SharePoint 2010 supports:
• Latest .NET 3.5 platform enhancements (such as WCF and LINQ)
• Silverlight 3.0
• The Business Data Catalog (BDC) has become Business Connectivity Services (BCS)
• BCS now supports full read/write capabilities
• SharePoint Designer 2010 receives a major upgrade. It now supports creating more complex workflows that are more re-usable.
• Visual Studio 2010 will come with SharePoint 2010 tools that far exceed the extensions available for Visual Studio 2005/2008.
• Web Parts and other SharePoint pages can be built with graphical editors and debugged without leaving the Visual Studio environment.
• The experience will be much more like that of ASP.NET web applications.
The points mentioned above are couple of new add-on/support features that have been added to SharePoint 2010. Based on the features, we categorized them in three main categories as below
SharePoint 2010 Application Layers
SharePoint 2010 Platform Improvements
SharePoint 2010 Development Tools Improvements
Click on each link above to read more about the SharePoint 2010 new features.
About the Author: